Open to all researchers regardless of their affiliation,?Historical & Special Collections houses one of the world’s most comprehensive collections of research materials for the study of legal history. Its chief mission is to acquire, catalog, preserve, and make available to researchers materials that document the history of the law in general and of Anglo-American law in particular. Historical & Special Collections holds?nearly 3,000 linear feet of manuscripts, over 100,000 rare books, and more than 70,000 visual images.
Tuesday-Friday, 10am to 5pm
December 24-January 1st
- Portions of the Antonin Scalia papers are being opened for research in late January 2020. The collection is heavily restricted. For more information, please view our Antonin Scalia papers LibGuide. >
- FOR HOLLIS Special Requests (HSR) users: You will need to change your password next time you log in to HSR due to a recent system upgrade. If you need assistance, please email us directly at email@example.com. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- We have commenced digitization of the Manley Ottmer Hudson papers. Portions of the collection will be unavailable for extended periods. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Please have a look at our recently updated reproduction services and policies.
- Historical & Special Collections is now using?HOLLIS Special Request!?Researchers can request material through HOLLIS and register in advance. This registration will be valid at all archives and special collections that use HOLLIS Special Request.
Image credits: Photos by Brooks Kraft, 2014.